Thursday, January 21, 2010

Frightened Rabbit - Swim Until You Can't See Land

Frightened Rabbit easily became my favorite band of 2008-09. Midnight Organ Fight was one of the best albums I've heard in a long time, and they are incredible to see live. It's nice to see a band write some decent lyrics, there's been entirely too much in the way of crappy lyrics lately (*cough, Vampire Weekend, cough*).

Needless to say I'm excited for the new album to come out on March 10. I am a little wary of how this album will play out though - they've now received glowing reviews from critics and have been constantly touring to larger and larger crowds. Besides which the last two albums were about break-ups and Scott Hutchinson is apparently over all of that...

I'm worried that they're going to go too poppy, but if they lean towards this kind of pop I'm ok with it:

No comments:

Post a Comment